Have you ever been in one of those situations where it’s a long flight, and you have a middle seat? How inconvenient it becomes! To avoid such situations, you have the option of booking your preferred seat in advance. Of course, you know that! But the next question to be asked is, do you know how to book seats in advance?
Well, if you are unsure, then you have come to the right place. This article will help you in booking your preferred seat on Expedia through a step-by-step process. But before we start the process, let us give a brief introduction to Expedia.
Expedia is an online American travel company. They have got you covered for your entire traveling experience.
The primary services provided by Expedia are;
Let us dig deeper and understand more about how to choose seats on Expedia.
How to Select Your Preferred Seat?
The process to select preferred seats is simple enough. But if you are doing it for the first time, you might need some sort of guidance. Expedia tries its best to make your travel experience as pleasant as possible from the beginning to the end.
During the process of booking your flight, it is possible to book your preferred seat. However, some airlines may not allow this to happen on their official website.
If this is the case, you can use Expedia to book your seat in advance. This will save you from the discomfort of traveling in the middle seat scooched between complete strangers.
Step by Step Guide on How to Choose Seats on Expedia
- Open your browser and navigate to www.expedia.com.
- Now that you are on the homepage of Expedia, on the upper right corner, you will see the “my trips” section. Click on it.
- If you haven’t signed into your Expedia account, in this step you will be asked to sign in or fill in your email address or enter your booking number.
(Your booking number will be sent to you via email. So you should check the email which gave you your booking confirmation.)
- In the previous step, make sure to select the “upcoming” option. This button is present at the top of the screen.
- Next, click on the trip you want to choose the seats for.
- Click on “manage reservation” and “update flight preference.”
- The above option may not be available from your itinerary if this is the case we recommend that you go to the specific airline website to change your seat.
- Please keep in mind that all the airlines have their own process of changing or booking the seats.
- In the “Update Flight Preference” section, you can select the seat you want, which is available.
(It can be an aisle or window. If you are traveling with someone you know, the middle seat should not be a problem either.)
- If you can’t book a seat even after following this procedure, we request you to contact the customer care number of your specific airline.
How to Find Your Seat Number on a Plane?
If you don’t fly by airplanes frequently or if this is your first time, we are going to tell you how to find the seat you have booked.
There are two significant parts of the aircraft – the front and the back. If it’s an aircraft with 32 rows, the seats from 1 – 16 are considered to be in front, and 16 – 32 are in the back of the plane.
As soon as you enter the aircraft, you will see that the seats are numbered. They are sorted numerically and alphabetically. The alphabet denotes the position of the seat.
- A stands for the window seat.
- B stands for the middle seat.
- C stands for the aisle seat, and so on.
For example, if the seat number on your boarding pass is 15-A. Then you have the window seat of the 15th row.
If you wish to know which is your seat in advance, there are various sites where you can check the exact position of your seat online.
These sites are going to ask you for information like booking number, flight information, etc. and you will get a layout of your flight where you can see the exact position of your seat. (Some of the sites which provide this service are SeatGuru and SeatLink.)
The Bottom Line
Traveling to any place is a stressful job. You have a lot of things to check on your list such as packing, passport, getting your work in order, etc. We hope that we made your flying experience a bit easier. We wish that you have a comfortable flight with the seat of your preference. Have happy and safe travels. 🙂